Medical school is stressful for students, faculty and staff. AUA provides resources to help reduce stress and support well-being.
1. Meditation – Weekly meditation sessions led by Associate Dean, Dr. Rice.
2. Monthly Awareness Campaigns – We support causes such as sexual assault, diabetes, addiction, melanoma, Cancer awareness, etc.
3. Refresh Relaxation Days – We provide a pre-exam place to relax, with peaceful music and a calming atmosphere along with a professional massage therapist.
4. Counseling Center – Make an appointment with a professional, certified counselor and get a check-up from the neck-up.
5. Puppy Play Days – Meet a few of the puppies from PAAWS Antigua and help socialize them while reducing your stress.