Obtaining and maintaining a healthy relationship with others is a vital aspect of medical education. It helps you to become comfortable and confident with who you are, builds self-esteem and communication. AUA provides fun activities where you can interact with your classmates, faculty and local staff.
1. Welcome Dinners – New students are able to meet with one another whether they are on campus or learning remotely.
2. Cinema Nights – Bring family and friends to a night out watching the latest movie with classmates, faculty and staff. AUA rents the theater and the package includes popcorn and drinks.
3. AUA Talent Show – The event affectionately know as “Tasters” provides students, faculty and staff to show off their talents to the AUA family. In the past we have had faculty bands, student singers, medical song writers, comedians, AfroBeats and Bollywood dancers.
4. Coffee with Faculty – Stop by and pick-up some free coffee and enjoy it with a faculty member. This event is usually offered before exams and faculty often ends up offering last minute advise.
5. Excursions – Participate in the excursions offered each semester, whether it is a boat ride, Stingray City, Hiking the sites or enjoying the band at Shirley Heights, We offer the opportunity to join the AUA family in exploring the beautiful island of Antigua and Barbuda.